Exclusive with El Nora, the next big star.

Kaduna has birthed some of Nigeria's superstars and with the promises shown so far, in no distant time, this artist is surely going to be one of them. 

Meet Nuhu Miriam Nora popularly known as El Nora or StarGYAL hails from Jema’a local government area of Kaduna State. She is a graduate of French Language from Kaduna State University, a Christian hip-hop and Afrobeat artist, mix and master engineer, music producer, digital and content creator and talent bandit. She was awarded the Best Gospel Act at North Certified Awards 2022. 
El Nora runs a music group called SWAG ENTERTAINMENT whose vision is to use any form of entertainment (media, music, arts and poetry) to reach out to and edify the souls of men through faith.

Get a bottle of drink, sit and enjoy our exclusive interview with this unique and interesting artist. 

HHHH: Every artist has his or her own story, tell us what first got you into music and why rap.

EL NORA: I started singing and rapping when I was little. I had cousins who could rap, sometimes I watch them rap. There were times I sang the chorus of songs they’d written. And my mum is my biggest inspiration after the Holy Spirit.  She was a member of the choir in our local church. We sang together in church programs even night vigils. I started music officially in 2019 after watching videos and listening to the songs of femcees like Phreedagee and Kharis. They motivated me.

HHHH: Wow that's wonderful.
So you come from a family that loves music? 

El Nora: Yes

HHHH: You made mention of Phreeda and Kharis. I'm very sure they'd be proud of you and how far you've come

El Nora:  Yeah

HHHH: Since you are from a family that loves music, does it mean your parents didn't object when you first started music?

El Nora: I lost my mum in 2012, long before I started. If she was alive I know she’d be my biggest fan and supporter. My dad was not so comfortable about it. Sometimes I have to lie to go out to events I’ve been invited (laughs)🤣
I didn’t have much exposure until now.

HHHH: Uh oh sorry about your mom. May God rest her soul 🙏

Parents objecting to their children from doing music is peculiar to most artists. I can relate 🤣😂

El Nora: True! They don’t believe us in the early stage until they see us on television or doing great things (laughs) 😂

HHHH: That's one reason why it's either we win or we win (laughs) 😂

With so many rappers out there, what makes you stand out? Like, what is special about your music?

El Nora: The first thing that makes me stand out is the fact that I’m a lady. It’s a new thing to see a lady rapping. I mean it is normal for guys to rap (laughs) 😂
Secondly, is the fact that my appearance, how I look, dress and act sends a message that I’m creative. 
Thirdly, is the fact that my sound is original, unique and unpredictable.

HHHH: That's interesting. 
You released a single recently, tell us about the song, the message and the creative process.

El Nora: The title of the song is Vibes. 
I created the beat, recorded it myself, mixed and mastered the song. 
The beat is an amapiano beat I made sometime last year when I was planning on opening my music studio. 

HHHH: That's good

El Nora: I already had the title of the song and part of the verse earlier this year but I was stuck not until last month(May).
I was in the studio and I had the grace to write the song and record it. I worked on it for a few weeks and now it’s a masterpiece (smiles) 😁

HHHH: Yeah it is. 

You said you created the beat, recorded yourself and mixed and mastered the song. Hope you didn't do the graphics design too.  

Make graphic designer see something chop na (laughs) 🤣🤣

El Nora: Nah. I have a personal graphics designer (laughs) 🤣

HHHH: That's good news. If not eh (Laughs) 🤣🤣

I came over to your studio the other day and with what I heard, I must testify that you are a pretty good producer. What prompted you to go into music production?

El Nora: Good question! 
I’ve had little issues with a few producers I’ve worked it. There are times I want the song to be just the way it is in my head but then the producer will give me something else. So I decided that I’ll create my own sounds and have a unique voice of my own (smiles). 

Besides they don’t have 2 heads (laughs)🤣
if they can do it, I can do it!!

HHHH: True!
Honestly, I've seen where producers interfere and mess up the real sound an artist has in his/her mind. Kudos

You graduated from the University recently and I'm sure you studied something else. Does that mean you might stop music someday and face your career?

El Nora: I don’t see myself stopping the music. The truth is I was just going to school to fulfil all righteousness (laughs) 😂😂
Music is all I gat, my passion, and I’ve accepted to make a profession out of my passion which is what I’m doing now and to the glory of God it’s working. If God calls me into Ministry, I pray He gives me the grace to balance both Music and Ministry.

Although I have other side hustles aside from Music sha. I make popcorn and sell and I’m into the transportation thing

HHHH: Hmmm big madam. Oshey!  
With the current subsidy removal na transporters dey cashout pass oh. Hope say your boys dey drop returns well oh.

El Nora: Yes oo... (smiles) 😄 

HHHH: Correct!
Away from music. Now tell us about your love life. Who is the gentleman that is driving you crazy? (winks) 😜
Who's the Bobo that is bursting your bololo? Tell me I'm curious.

Both Laughs 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

El Nora: I’m not in a relationship for now. The guy I was dating had personal issues he couldn’t share so I gave him space to figure things out. For now, I’m not ready for any relationship yet. When the time is right, everything will fall into place. Right now, I’m putting all my love and energy into my music.

HHHH: Wow!
Who knows maybe someone crushing on you will read this and shoot his shot. Abeg when he comes no form Jet Li for am oh (laughs) 🤣

El Nora: Hopefully (laughs) 😂😂

HHHH: In case it happens, don't forget to send tithe to HHHH (laughs) 🤣🤣 🤣

El Nora: (laughs) 🤣🤣🤣

HHHH: Finally what's your advice to young people aspiring to go into music?

El Nora: Be consistent in putting your content and yourself out there because it’s not everybody that will support you so be your biggest supporter. Don’t be in a haste to get to the top, enjoy the process. Be open to corrections. Be ready to forgive and let go because people will hurt you badly. Above all, be prayerful and thank God for your gift always…

HHHH: What do you have to say to your fans and supporters? What should they expect from you soon?

El Nora: I want to say thank you to every single person that has supported me in one way or the other, listening to my songs, reposting and sharing my stuff online, recommending me and believing in me. Please don’t stop what you’re doing for me. Don’t get tired of me because I won’t get tired of feeding your ears and eyes with good music and visual content. Expect huge projects from my team and me every year by the grace of God Almighty. God bless y’all 😊🙏

HHHH: Amen
I enjoyed every bit of this interview and wish it was a visual, however, I believe HHHH will get there soonest.

El Nora: I enjoyed it too

HHHH: Thank you Stargirl for honouring us. On behalf of the HHHH editorial, I'm wishing you the very best in your music career and other endeavours. Please keep being you and soar higher while raising the banner of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

El Nora: Amen 🙏 
Thank you for having me in this interview

HHHH: Bless God. It's a wrap! 
Connect with  StarGYAL via her social media handles 
Facebook - El Nora II
Facebook page - EL NORA 
Instagram - elnora_stargyal
TikTok - elnora_stargyal 
Twitter - @elnora_stargyal


If you enjoyed this content share 




Comments