Church Mind makes shocking revelation about his upcoming single, Cover Me.

HHHH editorial met up with Kaduna multi-award winning Afro Hip Hop artist  Manasseh Mailafiya alias Church Mind for a chitchat about his music journey and upcoming single titled Cover Me featuring Sage L, a sensational singer. 

Church Mind is Koro by tribe and an indigene of Kaduna State. He is currently a postgraduate student of Cyber Security at the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA). 

So far his unique kind of music has earned him three awards namely,
2020 "Best Alternative Act of the Year" in Jos Entertainment Merit Award(JEMA), Jos, Plateau State.   

While his hit single LAG released in 2021 bagged "Afro Song of the Year" in JOINT GOSPEL ART and MUSIC AWARD (JOGAMA) in Jos, Plateau State and "GOSPEL SONG OF THE YEAR" in KADUNA ENTERTAINMENT AWARD (KEA). 

Enjoy our exclusive interview with the amazing rapper.  

HHHH: You have a fascinating stage name, can you share the mystery behind the moniker "Church Mind"?

Church Mind: Honestly this name started in school in 2014/2015 in School fellowship, I attended Baptist Students Fellowship (BSF), so during Bible studies or Brothers and Sisters meetings, if they asked me a question, I often started by saying "Let me say my ChurchMind" (laughs) 😅

It's happened I kept on saying it and my fellowship people started calling me ChurchMind from there, even the people we ain't in the same fellowship with me started calling me by that name.

HHHH: Wow that's wonderful. 
So how has your musical journey been like so far?

Church Mind: Honestly it has been great, I have 3 official songs I've dropped so far with several featured songs and cover songs too.

I have 3 Awards so far (smiles) 😊
Above all God has been helping me. Sometimes I feel like giving up on music itself but when I remember I have people looking up to me, that alone gives me the courage to do more.
HHHH: That's interesting and inspiring.
Apart from awards, recognitions and wider reach and following, what else do you aim to achieve with your music?

Church Mind: To bless lives and give hope through my music anytime they listen to them (smiles)😊

HHHH: That's beautiful.
You've got a new song which drops soon, tell us the inspiration behind the music, the concept and the creative process.

Church Mind: Seriously, 3 months ago I have been having a series of nightmares and whenever night comes, I used to be afraid of the dark despite the Bible saying "Do not be afraid of the terror by night bor the arrow that flies by day."

Within that period, I had to pray and fast about it then one fateful Saturday afternoon I have this beat on my phone I now decided to play it, that very beat was on repeat about 20 times. I reflected back to what I'm facing,  like my present situation though during that period I had a bad dream and I woke up that very night and start shouting blood of Jesus cover me and then I prayed about it.

After listening to the beat I used the word "Cover Me" to create something with what was happening to me, when I was writing that very Song I cried though 🥺

HHHH: Man that's mindboggling. I pray that whoever listens to the song gets an experience too. 

Church Mind: Amen sir. 

HHHH: As we eagerly await the drop of Cover Me, is a date set yet? 

Church Mind: 30-6-2023

HHHH: Wow that's great fam. 
Any final words for your fans?

Church Mind: Keep believing in me, keep loving me, and don't give up on me.

HHHH: Yes boss

Church Mind: Thank you

Given Church Mind's antecedents for making good and inspirational music, Cover Me will not fall short of expectations. 
       Cover drops on 30th June 2023

Connect with Church Mind on social media through the following mediums 
Facebook: Church_Mind
Instagram: Iamchurh_mind
Twitter: IamChurch_Mimd
TikTok: IamChurch_mind

While we wait for the drop 
 

Comments