Spotlight: Savior Delaw

On our radar, this week is Sule Saviour Tisan alias Savior Delaw the young promising poet doing exploits in the city of Kaduna, Nigeria. 

We spoke to the fast-rising star about his art and the motivation behind it

HHHH: Describe yourself and your artistry. 

Savior Delaw: I am  Sule Savior Tisan, my stage name, is Savior Delaw. The visionary leader of storytelling, a young lover of God, average in height, handsome and a lover of positive-minded people.

I am a Christian poet, who is walking into the door of subduing a system, with my belief. 

HHHH: What is the motivation behind what you do, is it fame, money or what? 

Savior Delaw: My motivation as to why I do what I do is the feedback I get from people, their testimony of how blessed they are via my art, and the satisfaction I get knowing that I am a blessing to my generation makes me want to do more. 

HHHH: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 

Savior Delaw: In 5years, I see myself still doing this, but in a better way, going for tours to see that the burdens of the kingdom of God, that is resting on my shoulders don't just fall to the ground, also having this positive influence on the younger generation. 

HHHH: Who is/are your major poetry influences and why? 

Savior Delaw: First, CREATIVE CREW. These guys have been there from the start, from when the boy was learning how to construct a nice piece till the time I can be on my own, I was well groomed by my mentor, WORD ABBA, who made a good impact on me. He always has this positive energy and is intentional about seeing me grow.

HHHH: Tell us about your upcoming event and the motive behind it. Date and other details.

Savior Delaw: Strangers on our Soil (SOS). This is not just an event, it is an experience or should I say a birth of a new community, where we can have creatives (poets) come together (in respective of religion and distance) to talk about strange issues that are affecting us, the community and families at large. Also to enjoy and appreciate other unique writers as well as their mode of performance. 

Now in other to achieve that, my team #Storytelling hosted the first of its kind on 3rd January, 2023 and ever since then the team have been working very hard to see that we step up next year.
The event is scheduled to take place on the 3rd of January, 2024. 4:00 pm is the red carpet and 4:30 pm is the main event. The venue is yet to be disclosed as we are working on that.

Savior Delaw is one luminous poet you should look out for and HHHH editorial can't wait to see him touring the world on the big stages proclaiming the Good News. 

Comments